11.02.2014

Max: Feline Muse (Nov. 3-Dec. 14)

MTC is proud to present its newest show - Max: Feline Muse by Leslie Blackmon.

Be sure to join us Saturday, Nov. 8, 7-9pm for our opening reception!

"In April 2013, I undertook to draw my Tuxedo Cat, Max - thirty ways in thirty days. My intention was to capture max with a variety of different media and techniques. The drawings are necessarily quick and gestural, as Max is not a terribly cooperative model. You may see multiple heads and poses inspired by Max's restless resistance to my artistic efforts. The paintings are re-imaginings of images taken from the drawings.

I wished to top off my series with something bold, and so I painted Les Chats D'Avignon, after Picasso's monumental masterpiece 'Les Demoiselles D'Avignon.' I think this a fitting tribute to my delightful muse."

No comments:

Post a Comment