|La Mano Coffee Bar @304 Carroll St NW in the Old Takoma neighborhood|
As you know, the ownership of Modern Times Coffeehouse has been working on building a second coffeeshop in the Takoma neighborhood called La Mano Coffee Bar.
On Tues, July 9th, 10% of all sales made on this day will benefit La Mano. Tips for our "guest baristas", Javier Rivas, the owner of Modern Times Coffeehouse, and Anna Petrillo, former cook/barista/manager/janitor/consultant with Modern Times, will benefit La Mano.
For every $5 in donations you give, you're eligible for raffle prizes we'll be giving out throughout the day.
Stop by for some great coffee, our homemade food from our chefs Yoko, Joe, and Lourdes, some famous iPod DJ-ing from Javier, and of course, latte art extraordinaire!
You can also learn more about our construction process, see photos, videos, and donate online through our indiegogo campiagn by following this link.
BENEFIT LA MANO @MTC
ALL DAY SPECIALS FOR TUES, JULY 9TH:
$2 classic cappuccinos
15% off lunch combos
$16 Modern Times Coffeehouse KeepCup mugs. (Normally $20).
All proceeds from this day's mug sales will benefit La Mano.
RAFFLE PRIZES!!! Earn 1 raffle ticket starting when we open at 8am for every $5 in donations made. 100% of donations made will benefit La Mano. Raffles are drawn every hour on the hour between 9am-3pm. Prizes include:
- 8am: open for benefiting!
- 9am: One pound of house coffee - Ceremony Coffee Mass Appeal blend (good for espresso, drip, or press)
- 10am: One Modern Times Coffeehouse KeepCup mug (comes with one free drink and $.50 off every time you bring it in)
- 11am: Modern Times Coffeehouse original design "This is not a cup" gold American Apparel t-shirt
- 12pm: One whole delicious PollyStyle mocha bundt cake!
- 1pm: One pound of Serendipitea looseleaf tea (that's more than 100 cups of tea!)
- 2pm: Modern Times Coffeehouse tab of $25
- 3pm: One whole delicious lime chiffon cake from PollyStyle!